Vehilces from the Collection were out in Clevedon today flying the flag for Western Branch of the Invicta Military Preservation Society with Tim K and his Willy Jeep.  As always the armoured car was a very popular and the Anderson Shelter a real croud pleaser.  The vehicles will be on site tomorrow.

Clevedon Flower Show 13

Clevedon Flower Show 13a  Clevedon Flower Show 13b

Beach Master WAP 13

71 years young, he Beach Master completed over 450 miles last week and didn't miss a beat.  In soaring temperatures she cruised to Folkstone and raced back to Somerset six days later.  The only problem we had on the way home was the vast amount of dust covering the windscreen and the headlights failed as we approached Bristol.  

The show itself was well worth the 6 hour drive and lived up to all our expectaions.  A few minor teething problems did nothing to stall a great venue.  As always it was good to see so many old friends from all over the globe, even from as far afield as Australia and I am sorry to all those I missed but we'll be back next year.  All in all the a fabulous trip to Kent.

Restoration news in brief:  

Austin Engine3 The Austin engine has be refitted and is running like a dream. (Hopefully not speaking to soon!)

 AEC clutch adjustment After months of anguish we have managed to get the clutch brake to work on the old AEC tmber tractor.  It was getting teribly embaraessing leaving half of your gears on the floor each time you attempted to change gear.

Willys chassis off to be blasted After months of fettling the Jeep chassis was sent off to be shot blasted.  The Little Lady will soon be back on her feet.

BSA magneto And finally the Magneto was striped off the BSA and rebuilt.  First time the old bike has been running in nearly 15 years.

 

In the meantime we have also be moving the odd vehicle and trying to get the workshop straight.  Never a dull moment!

4.5 legs spread

Over the past few month we have been chipping away at the 4.5 gun carriage.  Last week we decided to get it out of the workshop to try and spread the legs as the space in the workshoe was too confined.  In the end we had to chain one leg to a gate post and gradually pull the two apart; clearly it had been a while.  After copious amounts of grease/oil we managed to get one leg moving relatively smoothly whilst the other is a 'heavy' to say the least.  It had also been out intention to remove the recouperator but we had underestimed the weigt and fact the forklift didn't have enough reach; it will wait till next time.  After all the ecitement the legs were closed and the gun pushhed back into the workshop.  Our next job is to remove the wheels and look at the brakes and hubs etc. IAm sure more arm wrsetles await!

4.5 legs spread2